Hi Everyone! This is my art blog, where I will draw and post and make friends. Yes. I will also on the odd occasion reblog things that I feel need to be shared on this blog. Otherwise...all my reblogs will be on my reblog account which should be linked below! YAY.
You can contact me for commissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Casually bringing these back as I am kinda direly in need of money to replace my tablet and have no means of finishing my new ones
Each adopt is 10$
to be paid via paypal please and thank you!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL AT
OR send me a note on dA, you can send me an ask as well but if I dont get it I am sorry, tumblr ask system can be a huge wang.
Signal boost for my love.
Her tablet died and she’s got shitty hours at work. Give the lovely lady a hand.
In preparation for my cosplay this year!
The wonderful Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Featuring Oliver and his tidy pal Drippy!
Twilight Sparkle is a gorgeous princess! Based on the last unicorn art designs (because it;s my favorite movie!)
Keep an eye out for this as a print at both anime evolution and anime revolution this summer!
Final Preview of my limited edition 11 x 17 print for the summer conventions.
It will be appearing in full color at Anime Evolution and Anime Revolution.
a bust commission for godspoison, of their character leo! and his adorable pikachu hat. B)
I absolutely adore this and it is now my current phone background. <3 Thank you so so so much for this, it means so much to me ;A;
To be honest, I usually have a hard time curing my own art block—BUT FEAR NOT! I can name a few things that have helped me in the past. I hope you find something that can help you because art block is the worst, man.
- NEW MUSIC. Sometimes listening to all the same old stuff causes my mental pattern to repeat and when it’s repeating while I’m in art block, my art block naturally persists. Sometimes if I find some new tunes that I really like, they can help get my creative process goin’. Go out in search of new music!
- Stare at art you like. Visit some of the galleries or blogs of your long-time favorite artists and go through their pages, all the way back to page one! Think back when you first discovered them and look back at the old pics that might have motivated you in the past. Sometimes that can rekindle your motivation, remembering what motivated you about that picture.
- This doesn’t have much to do with art block as much as it does, maybe, just being discouraged from drawing, but it’s good advice nonetheless:Never let the good art of your idols or artistic friends that you might feel are ‘better than you’ discourage you, ever! Instead of letting that make you feel worse about your art and make you want to stop, turn that feeling into determination to become better instead. It all started somewhere with any artist. Look at them now, they’re great, and you will be too. And remember that the more you draw the better you’ll become. Every picture, even ones that you think are failures, give you experience points.
- Watch speedpaints. This is great for inspiration, watching how other artists do their thing. When you get to see a good picture from the beginning stages, it makes the sight/idea of a blank canvas less depressing or intimidating.
- Get obsessed with something! Seriously, this helps me a lot. When I find an obsession with a show or game or comic, that usually gives me inspiration to be creative myself, even if it only fills me with desire to draw fanart of whatever I’m obsessed with. Which brings me to…
- DRAW FANART. This has pulled me out of many art blocks (THANK YOU, POKEMON!). Fanart is art too, so after I’ve stretched my legs with a good hearty helping of fanart, I find myself more able to draw my own OCs and things more freely.
- Try a different medium or program. A simple change of scenery can help a lot more than you might think. Sometimes when SAI isn’t doing it for me, I’ll doodle on MS Paint or at an oekaki and I’m back in the swing of drawing in no time.
- Fool around with your style or subject matter or both! Like the change of scenery, mixing up what or how you draw can really help. Feeling restricted to the same artistic routine sucks. Style consistency is great and all, but you want to feel free with your art, so break a few rules, and maybe apply some of the things that make you feel liberated to your ‘official style.’ That might prevent you from getting into a rut later on.
That’s all the ways I can think of off the top of my head. I hope you find your way out of that art block!
(Rebloggable by a couple requests!!)
Wanna know a secret? You DO have what it takes to get there. It’s just going to take everything you’ve got. Make stuff.
This needs to be shared. Because this is exactly how I felt up until a few weeks ago.
Full steam ahead guys!
That moment when you regret speaking. :x Excuse me while I return to being a hermit hiding on the net.
So in regards to Yuko (My bird), we are now officially out of the woods and he’s recovering wonderfully! He gets really excited to go for walks now and comes with me and my room mate almost everywhere (on nice days). Thanks to everyone on tumblr, FA and DA for your help in funding his recovery! I really appreciate it.
EDIT: Little booger caught a cold or something. We’re waiting to hear back on his tests tomorrow.
I’m currently full for large commissions at the moment but I’m still taking some smaller ones for the next little while for practice!
Sketches are super cheap!
Sketch page - (includes as many doodles as I can fit on a page of any characters you send me) $30
Head shots - $3
Torso sketches - $5
Full body - $15
All sketches are available for shipping!
If you are interested please feel free to note me.
Otherwise! I’m getting ready for two summer conventions.
I’ll be making an appearance at Anime Evolution and Anime Revolution this year! I’m proud to announce that I will have a great deal of new prints as well as some new keychains this summer!
My current list of prints in progress is:
Eevee Evolutions - 100% *COMPLETE*
Wolf Children Ame and Yuki - 100% *COMPLETE*
Twilight Sparkle - 100% *COMPLETE*
The Cat Returns - 20% - Needs ink
Oliver from Ni No Kuni - 30% - Inking
Then we will be having all the other prints make a stunning return. I will also have a few 11 x 17 prints! I’m excited to see everyone again so if you see this journal, please make a point to stop by and say hello!
Please contact me at email@example.com for all inquiries and payments!
I find it kind of funny how many artists on Subeta are willing to do gore, nudity, and explicit art
but will drop a commission if you ask for art of a plus-size character.
Who is your character?
I don’t draw a lot of plus-size peeps, so I’d take a look maybe draw you some freebie sketches or something P= I need the practice.
I feel ya, a lot of people seem to drop commissions if the character is ‘too manly’ also. I’ve been dropped on several occasions because most of my OCs have facial/body hair.
I have never been dropped for a design before..that seems a little strange D: Must be…a weird feeling (though I guess I dont commission alot of people anymore?)
Please note: there is no such thing as a character that is too manly, that’s just silly.
I’m always willing to give any character a shot…the only time I would ever turn someone away is if I honestly couldn’t do the character justice…One should always welcome all sorts of designs for the practice!! (Meaning I wish I got asked for more females because that’s where I need to practice more but I don’t personally have many female characters XD)